Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama and other things..

Haven't posted in a while...

Today while I sat actually laid in my bed and watched the inauguration along with the rest of not only America, but parts of the world, I sat there with a sense of not only pride but accomplishment. As Barack Obama, my president, took the oath to become the official president, it was set in stone that dreams do come true. Not only do dreams come true, but anything is possible, and it reassured Americans that have fallen down in this economic crisis, to get back up and keep trying. It reassured minorities that the glass ceiling is being shattered and we can take part in helping to shatter it in our own communities.

Not only am I proud to be an American, being a Navy Brat, but I am proud to be a minority and proud of America for electing an official of color. Needless to say, I see everyones screennames saying "My President is black..." instead of quoting songs, people go out and do something. Obama is a reminder that we as a whole need to get back on our grinds. Stop being lazy lol, get our G.P.A.s up, get this economy going.....

Anyways...lol now that I got all of that out of the way. ...Hope u guys are having a great week =]

SmOoches

No comments: